Freeze with Some Friends
December 3rd, 2016 Safe Light-3 PM
This, is a Bass Fishing Tournament, It does break the traditional two person per team and has a limit of 4 people per team. No trolling is allowed in this tournament, but it is another great opportunity to get out and have a great day fishing on Lake Jocassee.
This is a great opportunity to learn about all of the great projects the Friends of Jocassee is doing to preserve and enhance this beautiful region.
Tournament Director- Ray 864-378-2546 No Text, email@example.com
Registration opens at 5:30 AM
Freeze with Some Friends Fish Off Registration
$$40 Team registration
$10 optional Big Fish pot _______________________________
Team Representative: _________________________________________
City _________________________ State __________ Zip ________________________
Freeze with Some Friends Fish Off Rules 2016
- Each participant must, sign and submit an entry form
- Tournament entry fees are non-refundable.
- A Coast Guard approved life jacket must be worn by all participants, while their gas motor is in use.
- While the gas motor is in use the motors kill switch must be in operational order.
- All Participants must possess a valid fishing license for the tournament waters being fished.
- As a condition of participation in the tournament, each participant must execute a release of liability. The release indemnifies The Friends Of Jocassee and tournament sponsors.
- Participants must have proper liability insurance for the boat being used in the tournament.
- A team may consist of up to 4 persons. One (1) team per boat.
- Participants under 18 years of age must have the signature of his/ her parent or legal guardian on the entry form, as well as the participant’s signature.
- Large Mouth, Small Mouth, Spotted bass and Red Eye Bass may be weighed in.
- Only artificial lures may be used as bait.
- Only one rod may be used at a time by a single angler.
- Teams will weigh-in their largest five Bass.
- The minimum length of all bass species is 14 inches. Any fish that is brought in for weighing that is under 14 inches will not be counted.
- In case of a tie, standings will be determined by the team with the single heaviest fish.
- Tournament standings, contingency awards and final winners shall be determined by the total combined weight of each team.
- Any fish altered (after being caught) which enhances the weight or circumvents tournament length limits, will not be allowed and will be grounds for immediate team disqualification, if so determined by the tournament rules committee.
- All fish must be brought to the weigh-in alive. If a one fish if brought in dead then a .30 pound penalty will be implemented on the team. If a team has more than three dead fish then the team will be disqualified.
- All fish must be caught on hook and line in a conventional sporting manner. Anyone guilty of snatching or snagging fish (that is, not hoked in the head) will be disqualified.
- Photos of the winning team may be used on the Friends Of Jocassee website.
- All fishing will be restricted to Lake Jocassee. You cannot exit your boat to access anther body of water.
- Registration will begin at 5:30 AM. All live wells and storage compartments must be accessible to a tournament official during inspection.
- Once you have registered and your boat has been inspected you will receive your boat number and a ribbon will be tied to your trolling motor or the front of your boat by a tournament official denoting your boat has been inspected.
- All boats will depart from the anchored Starting boat at Safe light, (in numerical order.)
- Boats will trickle start one by one and will receive the go ahead from the starting boat in a single continuous flight.
- At the time of take off all participants and their boats shall be in full conformity with all rules set forth by the tournament director.
- No underwater cameras are permitted in boats during tournament hours.
- The tournament director has the right to delay, shorten or cancel the start of the tournament due to dangerous weather conditions. The tournament ending time may be moved up if bad weather may endanger the safety of participants.
- When returning to check-in, each boat must be checked in by 3:00PM. Teams not returning by 3 PM will be issued a one pound penalty for each minuet they are late to check in. If a team is more than Five minutes late for check in, they will be disqualified.
- A protest of any kind must be made within five minutes of the end of the tournament.
- Sponsors, tournament committee, officials, and organizers are not responsible for death, injury, damage, liability, theft, fire or loss of any kind to participants.
- The tournament director has the final say on any rules and decisions.
- No alcoholic beverages may be consumed during tournament hours.
- All participants competing in this event are expected to act in a sportsman like manner at all times towards non-participants and participants alike. Violators will be disqualified.
- In the event of a mechanical breakdown, the participants should attempt to make contact with the tournament director.
- In the event of a mechanical breakdown, it is permissible for a team member to transfer to another participant’s boat for transportation to check in with their catch. Teams must still arrive at the check-in on time.
- Running out of gas is NOT considered a mechanical breakdown.
- Awards will be given out to the top three teams. 50% payout to first place, 30% to second place and 20% to third place. 100% payout for first place in the Big Fish category. Door prizes will be given out by random drawing to registered teams.